MARY ANGÉLICA MOLINA
I create funny, dark, queer, intersectional stories about ordinary Latinxs in extraordinary circumstances.
I’m currently an executive story editor on Anne Rice's Mayfair Witches for AMC. Previously I staffed on Fantasy Island for FOX, On Becoming a God in Central Florida for Showtime and the Party of Five reboot at Disney’s Freeform.
I’m most interested in that special place where commercial narratives meet experimental ones and write to that end. I truly believe there's a market for artful, bold, well-told stories by people of color and want to nurture that audience.
I’m a fan of champeta, butifarra, Obregón, and most things that have to do with the Colombian tropics, which will forever be my first home.
* AFI Directing Workshop for Women, Class of 2021
* Tribeca Institute, Through Her Lens, October 2020
* Sundance Reading Series, Sundance Institute, March 2019
* Sundance Episodic Lab, Sundance Institute, September 2018
* Sundance/YouTube New Voices Lab, Sundance Institute, November 2017
* Latino Film Fund Grant Recipient, February 2014
* Screenwriters Lab Intensive, Sundance Institute, February 2013
* Brooklyn Arts Council Grant Recipient, March 2011